Friday, September 19, 2008

Let's Spark This

Aight so this is my first blog post and honestly I have no idea where to start. I've been in Mexico now for about 6 weeks and its been wonderful over all. I realized how difficult this was going to be when I first arrived. I tried to catch a cab from the airport to Monterrey Tec where I'm attending school for the semester and they said it was $275. Now I only had $60 on me. So I spent like 45 mins in the airport trying to figure out what the heck I was going to do. I tried calling people but I couldn't figure out how to work the payphones...EVERYTHING WAS IN SPANISH!!! (You'd think that I would have know this was the case being as how I was going to MEXICO.) I don't know why but I was expecting some stuff to be in English. Anyway after I exchanged my $60 to about $680 MX, I realize that the $275 was in pesos. See they use the dollar sign as well so it was really about $26 USD. I was salty as a mug. The first few weeks were really difficult because I was so lonely yo.  I was coming off of a wonderful summer surrounded by believers and growing in my walk but I get down here only to be cast into a world where not only do I know no one, but I know no believers. I'd go to bbq's and house party's (early before everybody's drunk) and try to spark conversations about Christ. Everybody drinks so when you refuse them they ask why which leads to conversation. So I really had to learn how to rely on the Lord for comfort yo. He rocked me from the Psalms 16 and 63 yo and a new song came out of it. Its called "Lonely Desert" I feel you David. The Lyrics are as follow:


(Chorus) I just walked into a desert,

Filled with many people but its lonely altogether.

Bent knees, wet eyes, broken hearted,

Dry in this land I can see they’ve departed from you.

 

Verse 1: Yo what you doin tonight?

Homie I’m kickin it,

We’ll eat drink and be merry dawg

You know how I’m living it.

Get the girls here rockin to A Lil Bit,

And we’ll see whats going down in a lil bit.

That’s the story of a dead generation,

No living water they died of dehydration.

Many lights on,

All the clubs jumpin,

Keep the nights long,

And the drinks comin.

Still Empty, the drinks didn’t fill me.

Fill me up and never let me down, homie they tricked me.

There’s only one that can fill and never leave you,

But you ain’t tryin to hear me cause that last shot was lethal.

Wakin up, don’t remember the last night,

Church sermon’s pointing at your sin like a flashlight.

You got your hands scrubbed, but something’s still missing,

God ain’t part of your life, he’s just part of your traditions

 Chorus 


Verse2: O Lord you are my God, I’m on a pilgrimage

I’ll make your glory known, even while I’m in this wilderness.

I long for you seeking your face with all diligence,

So I can know and properly display you in these villages.

A foreign land

We’ve turned from your sovereign hand,

Best of men can’t get it right for chasing dividends.

Our heart is far from you,

Its called depravity.

Man is fallen, can’t escape it, sin’s gravity.

But despite all the weight,

You came to me for my sake,

Cause Lord knows I wouldn’t have come to you otherwise.

Whether asleep or awake,

On you alone meditate,

For those chasing other gods sorrows multiplied.

You’re the inheritance that’s filling my cup,

I’m at the brook like sho baraka yeah pourin it up.

Lookin at the state of the world it pains me,

But you are my portion O Lord you sustain me.

 

Chorus

 

Verse 3: I view the world as I’m staring off the balcony,

A race of people who’s hearts are filled with moral apathy.

Situational Morals in America,

And all over the world we’re all grouped together.

So my concern is for the world wide heart,

I can’t be on neighborhood watch concerned about my own yard.

Somebody said missions exists cause worship doesn’t,

God offers a proper view of himself but they don’t want it.

So as the world turns I pray they turn back to You.

That’s why the world system’s failing cause they’re lacking You.

With your protection Seek you out like I’m trackin you.

I’m just a sojourner, backpack packed with truth.



This is how I was feeling yo. But praise God for his grace, mercy, and comfort! I hope ya'll enjoyed this blog post. This one and the next 2 are probably going to be getting you up to date to the present. Let me know whats up. Holla at me. You can post here or email me at geraldrobertsjr@gmail.com. Also, if you want an email sent to you when ever there's a new post, email me and let me know. 

True Love is in Christ

2 comments:

Eliasib M.M. said...

Yo, that was so intense!!!I didnt know that you had to cross for so many troubles at your arrive to Mexico. But God is our Lord and He is always with Us.

Yp, remeber that here is your Mexican Brother!!! Peace yo

Anonymous said...

"I love it" Kenny! Keep standing FIRM in Mexico!