Sunday, September 21, 2008

This Rocked me yo

"I've been crucified with Christ so its no longer I who live but it Christ who's living inside your boy. Now my whole life's defined by dying, to the Praise of my God as I fight for Joy" 

Ok so I know I said that the next few posts would be catching up to the present but I just had to write this yo. The above are lyrics by Flame who is a Christian rapper with Crossmovement Records. Its from the song Hold On off of the album Our World Redeemed. Banging album, truly a praise and worship joint. I was listening to that joint today and it just rocked me yo. When we think about our life as Christians we rarely think of it as a definition of how we live life. Often times its a ritual, tradition, a belief but not to the point where it changes actions. I want to be able to say that every day of my life is defined by dying to the Praise of my God as I fight for joy, which is of course found in the presence of my Lord. Its personal as a mug yo. Every day is dying to the things of this world, the things that I lust for so that I can know God more yo. Ohh I know how I can relate it to bringing you up to date...wait no that won't work oh well...I guess that will have to wait till next post. Coming soon to a blog near you...whack, I know. sorry but real talk pursue Christ yo, and let go of anything that hinders the fellowship, not so you can be a better person, look good in front of people,or whatever,  but so you can Know God more. This walk is about intimacy people. I hope ya'll don't miss out on that. True Love is in Jesus Christ yo. 
Grace and Peace

No comments: